Helmut-Schmidt Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance 2023
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme offers very good graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political, and economic development of their home country in German institutions of higher education.
PARTICIPATING UNIVERSITIES • Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg: Social Protection
• University of Duisburg-Essen: Development and Governance
• Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Public Policy
• Universität Magdeburg: Peace and Conflict Studies
• Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
• Universität Passau: Development Studies
• University of Passau: Governance and Public Policy
• University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
• Scholarships (of currently € 931 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions
• Health insurance cover in Germany
• Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
• A study and research grant • Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
• Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory.
The following deviation regarding funding benefits applies for the ‘Social Protection’ programme, due to its blended learning concept: A sur place rate of € 500 per month is paid in the 4th semester (mandatory online semester in the student’s country of origin or another developing country).
• Checklist form
• DAAD application form
• A single letter of motivation
• A curriculum vitae
• Higher education degree certificates.
• Transcript of records.
• Written confirmation for any work experience, internship or professional experience.
• Recent language certificates (for English and/or German)
• Current written reference
Where to start?
1. Go watch this video
2. Drop a comment there if this was helpful
3. Share the video with 1 person